Home offices have become a new reality worldwide in the last year. We may not bother with traffic commute anymore, but work from home comes with its own set of challenges. But, how do you ensure you work from home and remain productive?
People are increasingly learning how to focus with the whole family around, juggle and prioritize tasks (should I cook, or should I complete the excel sheet?), and what our office hours are now.
And, then, there are the newly discovered health challenges. Pains and aches that appear out of nowhere. Lower back stiffness, muscle tension, and many more that we were apparently immune to in an office.
Why do these occur, and what can you do about them for a pleasant home office experience? Read on to find out.
Work from home and be productive 101
We’ll just say it: low back pain is synonymous with office work.
However, working in front of the computer every day tends to irritate the other underlying health problems too. Home office work can result in several uncomfortable symptoms:
- People with back problems sleep worse and wake up more often,
- There is also a higher incidence of obesity, muscle tension, mental tension, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease among those who work continuously,
- Poor posture and unequal load negatively affect intervertebral discs and spinal joints and lead to abrasive, inflammatory lesions in the small joints.
Sitting all day can cause acute pain, but it also leads to disc herniation in the long run.
Did you know that tilting your head forward can cause an extra load on your spine, equal to up to 28 kg?
Shake it Off! How to sit and move when working from home
Even though we have to sit in front of the computer for long hours, you can still take a break and move a little. So how do we ease up the load on our health?
Here are some ideas and good practices to maintain your productivity and health:
- Make sure your sitting posture is correct: sit with your back straight, with imagined lines of torso-thighs and thighs-legs at right angles to each other.
- When typing, keep your forearms parallel to the ground and your elbows at right angles to your forearms.
- If you have an opportunity, sit in a height-adjustable office chair, an ergonomic kneeling chair, or even a sitting ball that will help you to maintain proper posture.
- Finally, make sure your computer screen is at eye level, which is essential to reduce the load on your cervical spine.
- Get up at regular intervals and move a little! Ideally, it would be best if you took a 15-minute break for every 45 minutes of work.
- Take a look at some of the exercises you can easily do in your home office below.
Supplements for productive work from home
A little high-quality supplementation can go a long way in protecting your joints and muscles.
Today, joint protection products are not limited to the “classic” building blocks (vitamin D, glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate).
Unique ingredients such as green mussels and incense extract are also included. The latter can inhibit inflammatory processes, and they are becoming popular solutions for joint problems.
Collagen may be known to many more, but its popularity is primarily due to its role in skin elasticity. An important member of the collagen family is type II collagen . A key component in the structure of joints and crucial for cartilage covering both the articular surfaces and intervertebral discs in the spine. In addition, it provides cartilage tissue with flexibility and pressure resistance.
If you want to take extra measures and protect your joints and muscles while working from home, try Goodwill Pharma’s Cartinorm+BIO Collagen. Cartinorm is a product with all the well-known and tested ingredients that help your joints recover and maintain their integrity. It relieves joints and muscles pain, and its Collagen type II is exceptionally efficient and bioavailable. It both adds to the collagen reserves and stimulates the body’s collagen production.
Your body is the most productive asset
Home office work is important these days, more than ever.
But, to get all the benefits and have a productive work from home, it is crucial to be mindful about how we treat our body and overall health.
Taking good care of the body leads to taking good care of your business.
For more tips and tricks, and how to be the healthiest version of yourself you can be, read our blog.