You’ve probably heard of collagen supplements before. But do you know what collagen really is, why it’s so important and what its role is in our organism? Find out in this article!
What is collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body, it is an integral part of the skin, bones and cartilage. There are at least 16 types of collagen, but 80 – 90% of collagen in the body is made up of types I, II and III. It is an important component of skin, hair and nails, which makes them firm, strong and elastic in return. Vitamin C participates in the process of creating collagen and contributes to healthy functioning of bones, joints and muscles. With ageing, collagen levels in the body decrease, especially in women once menopause hits. This results in a reduction in skin elasticity (wrinkle formation), stiff and less flexible muscles and ligaments, joint pain, osteoarthritis, reduced growth and weak hair fibres.
Can I increase collagen through diet alone?
When it comes to foods that are sources of collagen, it is mainly those that are protein-rich foods, including foods like beef, chicken, fish, seafood and eggs. Foods such as chicken and pork, as well as beef bones, are a rich source of collagen. By cooking at a low temperature, these foods release collagen in the form of gelatine. Our ancestors consumed all parts of animals, so their food was rich in animal gelatine. In the digestive process, gelatine is converted into amino acids, which our body uses to produce collagen.
Why take collagen in the form of supplements?
Most of us don’t get enough collagen through our diet. Collagen consumption also increases over time. Taking collagen in the form of a supplement is the right elixir for the body. It has been scientifically proven that the collagen molecule, due to its size, is unable to penetrate the skin through cosmetic preparations, so even our skin should be supplied with collagen from the inside.
When it comes to collagen products, be aware that different types of collagen are recommended for different areas. For osteoarthritis and sore joints, choose collagen such as Cartinorm® + BIOcollagen, which helps the body compensate for declining collagen levels but also performs additional stimulation in cartilage regeneration.
Cartinorm®+ BIOcollagen – healthy collagen supplement for all generations
- A 4-in-1 formula that has proven to increase collagen synthesis and stimulates cartilage regeneration
- It contains glucosamine-sulphate, chondroitin-sulphate, Fortigel® bioactive peptide collagen – a form of premium quality collagen, and vitamin C
- Improves mobility
- Reduces joint pain, especially in people with osteoarthritis
- Strengthens joints and contributes to their overall health
- Increases physical performance / endurance and energy – especially recommended for athletes, people who are physically active, those who find it difficult to stand or sit for long, who suffer from morning stiffness, but also older populations
- In the form of a potion for faster absorption with a pleasant citrus taste
Learn in detail about the effect and role of Cartinorm®+ BIOcollagen on our website here.
To order and view products, click here. Delivery’s free!